EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MICROBLADING
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is a manual “hand” method of semi-permanent make up for your eyebrows which creates extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The Results? Perfectly natural looking brows.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING LAST?
Depending on your skin type and care, the pigment will fade out slowly over 12-18 months. Individual results may vary.
IS MICROBLADING PAINFUL?
The service can be slightly uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. However, there is an anesthetic applied during to keep pain to a minimum to a level it is completely tolerable.
HOW DOES MICROBLADING WORK?
The pigment is applied with a specific tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like strokes in the skin. Your artist will choose the pigment colour according to your natural hair colour and skin type. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the shallowest part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction. A touch up is required 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment.
HOW LONG DOES THE MICROBLADING PROCEDURE TAKE?
The initial appointment should take about one and a half hours. You should allow the same amount of time for your 4-6 week touch up appointment even though it may be a quicker timeframe.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS THAT INTERFERE WHEN CONSIDERING MICROBLADING?
YES! The following list i have provided are few but not limited to contradictions.
- Pregnancy – you cannot have this treatment whilst you are pregnant
- Breastfeeding – treatment is possible, although anesthetic will not be possible – it is highly recommended to wait until you have ceased breastfeeding
- On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles
- Diabetic if the person is not under medical supervision (diabetic clients may heal slower)
- Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy or autoimmune disorders (doctors note is required)
- Circulatory Disorders (doctors note is required)
- Any bleeding disorders (doctors note required)
- If you take blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after the treatment ends)
- If any skin disease symptoms or irritation appears on the area
- If you have recently had Botox or Disport treatment in the area (minimum of 2 weeks)
- Old PMU can interfere with treatment
- If you have a broken capillary in the eyebrow area
- If you have sunburn
- After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait 2 weeks)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY SERVICE?
- Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
- Numbing is applied to reduce any discomfort; this is left on the skin approximately 25 minutes.
- the artist will draw on the eyebrow shape according to the golden ratio measuring tool. Brows are measured perfectly to compliment your unique face shape and size.
- The artist chooses the perfect pigment colour.
- Initial strokes are placed to shape the brow.
- A pigment mask is left on the brow, after wiping this off you will notice the outline of the brow.
- Fill in any strokes that need to be done throughout the brow, making sure not to go over old strokes.
- Pigment is then worked into each stroke to define the brow.
- After, a pigment mask is left on absorb into the skin for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once that’s finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly making sure the strokes and shape of brow are to perfection.
- After the service, the artist will provide aftercare ointment to use for 7-10 days twice a day.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE TOUCH UP?
The touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment. During your touch up, the artist will fill in missing hairs, add to make hairs longer. We can add more depth to achieve a darker colour if requested.
WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS LIKE?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. the true reflection of healed colour can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after the initial treatment. it will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. this is because the pigment is still sitting on the top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. the colour of the pigment will soften gradually. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin.
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the colour pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial colour and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the colour is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
Are you ready to book an appointment? Contact Ebony below.